Or why a governor in New Jersey receives so much criticism for trying, successfully, to correct that state's problem? Consider this story:
CALIFORNIA The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail.
A coyote jumps out and attacks the Governor's dog, then bites the Governor.
1. The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie "Bambi" and then realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural.
2. He calls animal control. Animal Control captures the coyote and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.
3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases.
4. The Governor goes to the hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and getting his bite wound bandaged.
5. The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is now free of dangerous animals.
6. The Governor spends $50,000 in State funds to implement a "Coyote Awareness Program" for the residents of the area.
7. The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.
8. The Governor's Security Agent is fired for not stopping the attack. The State spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional special training re: The Nature of Coyotes.
9. PETA protests the coyote's relocation and files a $5 million suit against the state.
The Governor of Montana is jogging with her dog along a nature trail. A Coyotes jumps out and attacks her dog.
1. The Governor shoots the coyote with her State-issued pistol and keeps jogging. The Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.
2. The Buzzards eat the dead coyote.
AND THAT, MY FRIENDS, IS WHY CALIFORNIA IS BROKE AND MONTANA IS NOT!
Love those people in "Big Sky" Country! My kind of folks! Folks who cling to their guns and Bibles!
You know what, I could tell the good folks in Montana how to save a bit of money. Yep! You can only kill a coyote just so dead! A .22 bullet will do the trick the same as a .45 does. While the .45 costs $0.50 each you can buy a 500 shell box of .22 Long Rifle Hollow Points for $22, that's $0.04 per shell!
Oh, Yes! You're right! They do have grizzles in Montana....better keep packing that .45, Governor. UH, A RESIDENT OF CALIFORNIA REPLIED IT WAS A SHAME THE DOG DIED INSTEAD OF GOV. BROWN! HMMM
Nope! No coyotes around my house.Remember, you heard it here!
Take care and God Bless!